UberXena and UberGabrielle
Notice: This web site will self-destruct soon.
Due to the lack of time, energy, creative spark, and feedback,
I am planning to take down this site the first week of September, 2005.
Welcome to my Uberverse.
The stories here can either stand alone, or as a rough chronological journey, with the
exception of Greasy: A Parody, which is merely a satire formed from watching the
re-release of Grease in 1998 followed by the release of The Bitter Suite
soundtrack. The stories take place as follows:
- That Texas Summer
- The story of Laura Wilkins and Ruby Bills, who meet in 1875 in the northern
part of Texas. Ruby and Lycurgus Bills move to Texas for him to take the
pulpit of the local Methodist Episcopal church, but he dies in a tragic
accident just after their son, Leslie, is born.
- The Revival
- The continuation of the story of Laura Wilkins and Ruby Bills, twenty
years later. Leslie Bills falls in love with a professor at the local
university while Laura and Ruby start confronting middle age.
- Greasy: A Parody:
- A joke that sprang in my head after watching Grease on the
big screen again, followed by listening to the soundtrack for The
Bitter Suite. Okay, so there are not elements of the aforementioned
Xena episode, except for some music. One of the few comedies I've attempted.
- Good Old Argo
- Helen Pappas comes home for spring break, only to find that Argo, Janice's
dog and her best friend in high school, has died earlier in the week.
- Helen of the Plains
- We meet Helen Pappas and Brigid Anderson just as Helen is moving into
a midwestern college town. Helen is the new professor of ancient Greek
history, and Brigid is her seventeen year old next door neighbor. Brigid
is fascinated by the tall, dark professor, who just happens to be the
niece of Melinda Pappas.
- Marching for Our Lives
- Brigid covers the 1993 March on Washington, much to Helen's dismay.
They argue, but have a hard time coming to terms when their lives are
interrupted by external crisis.
- The Past is Prologue
- This story really ties together many strings from other stories here.
It starts twelve years after Helen ends, with Brigid receiving
a call from Mel Pappas telling her to bring Helen home, that Janice Covington
is dying. During the story, we catch glimpses of events in each woman's
past, as well as the pasts of some of their ancestors.
- Puppy dog blues
- Brigid wants a dog, but Helen isn't interested. Aunt Mel refuses to
side with either one, despite the fact that they are living with her.
But, a mutt named Red comes into their lives...
- The Sound of Love
- Okay, it's silly, it doesn't fit in with my other uber stories, but
I was listening to "The Sound of Music" soundtrack...
- Fight the Good Fight
- Brigid Anderson is handed an assignment to find out why protesters are
targeting a campus minister for performing same-sex unions. She is shocked
when she learns who is leading the protests. Meanwhile, a figure from
Mel's past returns and it's Helen's turn to be shocked at her beloved
- Mining the Future Past
- The last in the series of UberXena stories. Lt. Janice Pappas, chief
of security on the USS Enterprise, is charged with guarding a
group of archeologists, headed by Dr. Melinda Covington. They discover
that they have a common element: they each own a chakram necklace that
has been passed down from mother or aunt to daughter or niece for several
Xena and Gabrielle Fiction (from Mythical Babes
- New story: Vingettes
- Thoughts from various characters as they start to fall in love.
- "The Rest of Our Lives"
- Diedra, pregnant and alone, shows up in Amphipolis and is taken in by
Rebecka and befriended by Xena and her mother...
- The Temple Incident
- Xena's father, Atrius, is celebrating a victory with his soldiers when
he decides to visit the Temple of Ares.
- The Turning Point
- Xena defends Diana when she is teased by the village children. Then,
she defends Amphipolis against Cortese...years later, Xena's cook tells
her that Rebecka is dying. Should she go visit?
- Aphrodite visits Hecuba before Gabrielle is born, delivering a very
- Loosening the Chains
- After Talus dies, Gabrielle turns to Xena for comfort, who finds that
the chains around her heart are loosening further.
- A Visit with Diana
- Gabrielle has gone back to Potedia and Xena runs into her childhood
- After I Died
- After Gabrielle nearly dies in the temple of healing ("Is There
a Doctor in the House?") she and Xena talk about friendship.
- I Have No Sister
- Gabrielle and Xena go to Potedia after Perdicas died, but get mixed
up with Lila's fiancé, Palios.
- Lila's Journey
- Lila is still mad at Gabrielle, but soon finds herself in trouble.
Palios skips town, and Lila starts on a journey where she finds love,
but will his people accept her?
- Kaydus: Warrior Poet
- A story requested by the fine folks of the lang. See if you can discover
who we want to be the guest star for this "episode".
- Ares' Interlude
- Ares sends Spike out to undo the love that Gabrielle and Xena have discovered...
- The Interlude Between
- After Xena nearly dies from a poisoned dart, she asks Gabrielle to tell
her a story after supper.
- What would happen if Gabrielle was still having nightmares about Callisto?
- Poseidon's Revenge
- Poseidon is mad and Ulysses and Xena and Gabrielle happen to be in the
- After the Arrows
- After Cupid shot everyone with his arrows, Xena and Gabrielle take Joxer
to Amphipolus, where he falls in love with Xena's friend, Diana.
- Tartarus on Earth
- Gabrielle has lost her blood innocence. How does Bodicea view the Warrior
- Gabrielle is depressed on Solstice Eve. She is visited by three ghosts
and learns about the meaning of Solstice.
- "You are Cordially Invited"
- Joxer proposing to Gabrielle? Jett proposing to Diana? What's going
- The Scroll.
- Gabrielle and Xena haven't communicated well after all the business
with Najara, prisons and such. So, Xena writes Gabrielle a note, but never
gives it to her in The Scroll. (Warning: spoilers for the fourth
and fifth seasons of X: WP and for my uber story, The
Past is Prologue.)
- The Fight
- Xena and Gabrielle are fighting. Diana is about to give birth. Will
Xena and Gabrielle patch up their differences?
- A Destiny to Fulfill
- Solon gets rescued from his funeral pyre by Dike, the goddess of human
justice. Years later, he and his friend Gregor get in a fight about
Julia, Gregor's finance' and Solon's friend. Xena and Gabrielle come
to Athens on their way back to Amphipolis and run into Solon. What
will Xena tell him?
- The Anniversary Party
- Xena and Gabrielle come back home to help Cyrene out with the inn. It
is also nearly their anniversary. Will they get to celebrate in peace?
Meanwhile, Diana and Joxer's daughter is kidnapped and Xena is trapped.
So much for an anniversary...
- Joxer and Diana go to Corinth for a vacation and for Joxer to sign a
new cloth supplier. They meet Gabrielle's sister, Lila, who decides to
send a note to Gabrielle. Meanwhile, Julia is about to give birth
to Xena's grandchild.
- Beginnings and Endings
- Gabrielle and Lila finally go visit their parents. Diana gives
birth to a daughter, but is worried about her mother, Diedra.
- Gabrielle convinces Xena to go back to Potedia with her to visit her
- An old friend of Xena's, Lis, comes home for her mother's funeral. Will
they finally mend their friendship, torn apart so many years ago?
- Rebecka's Turn
- Rebecka, Xena and Gabrielle go to Corinth for Marcus and Lila's daughter's
wedding. Rebecka meets Saul, an attorney, and wonders if he is the
- A Death in the Family
- Gabrielle must fight her toughest battle, the battle for her sanity.
But does she really want to regain her sanity after Xena's death?
- "Wait for Me!"
- Kaydus reappears and Gabrielle doesn't remember her but is uneasy when
Kaydus shows interest in her goddaughter Cyrene. Meanwhile, The Horde
is battling the Amazons and Gabrielle runs to help, but is hit with an
arrow in her side...
The Conqueror Series
- A different Xena? or an alternate Xenaverse?
- And Baby Makes...
- Yet another Conqueror Xenaverse story: Gabrielle is pregnant and Xena
decides that a visit to Potedaia is in order...and finds herself face
to face with Perdicas' family and friends, who are demanding vengeance
for his death.
All stories copyright © JS Stephens. All Rights Reserved.